Yes that is right, Jelly lollies, the real kind, before the days of artificial colours, flavours and additives!!
And what is awesome about this recipe is that is it medicinal,
nutritious and delicious!
Read more about benefits of gelatin here
JELLY LOLLIES – The recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Setting time: 30-40 minutes
What you will need:
1. Pick your flavour:
250ml of your choice of herbal tea, we use Bee Playful steeped for a minimum of 5 minutes for a strong decoction
250ml of freshly squeezed fruit or vegetable juice- with the pulp removed
2. Real gelatin powder we currently use Great Lakes
2 Tablespoons of honey, or rice malt syrup.
1 Tablespoon of powdered probiotics
1-3 teaspoons herbal tea -(depending on taste preference)
250 ml boiling filtered water
5 Tablespoon real gelatin powder
Silicon moulds or ice cube trays
* Note: this mixture made 2 ice cube trays but may vary with chosen size and shape
Teapot – if using herbal tea
1. Spoon the loose herbal tea leaves/herbs into your tea pot, add 250mls of boiling water and leave to steep for 5-10 minutes.
2. Combine tea/juice in a saucepan with optional honey or Rice malt syrup until dissolved over low heat.
3. Slowly start to sprinkle gelatin 1 Tsp at a time stirring lightly to avoid gelatin clumps.
I like to create a gently whirl pool and continue to sprinkle the gelatin into the centre until completely dissolved
4. Continue to stir mixture on medium heat for 5 minutes
5. Carefully fill silicon moulds with mixture
allow to cool for 1 minute
* You can start to see them beginning to set by this point
6. Place into the refrigerator/freezer to cool and set
7. 30-40minutes Pop them out and ENJOY
8. They should keep for a week in the
refrigerator in a glass jar or tight lid container
– although to be honest- they never last a week so i can’t 100% vouch for that!!